I love spring rolls better than egg rolls, because of their crispy wrap.
Filling: Napa Cabbage, carrot, eggs, cellophane noodle, seasoning to taste
Spring roll Wrap, flour
1. Soak cellophane noodle in water, set aside.
2. Set spring roll wrap aside to defrost.
The wrap is frozen, I normally take it out of freezer, let it sit in air. It will be ready when I’m through with filling.
3. Beat eggs well, heat up frying pan to make some egg sheet.
I made 3 sheets out of 4 eggs.
4. Chop egg sheets into thin sticks.
5. Chop Napa Cabbage and carrot into thin strips.
6. Chop cellophane noodle into short sticks.
7. Heat up skillet, add cooking oil, stir fry Napa Cabbage and carrot on medium high heat for several minutes.
8. Add cellophane noodle into skillet, cook until it get tender. Add small amount of water if needed.
9. Add egg strips into skillet, mix well, add salt and white pepper, cook for another minute, add sesame oil, mix well. Transfer to another container, set aside to let it cool.
When you are done cooking, there should be no juice or watery feeling in skillet.
Filling has to be dry and cool to be wrapped.
10. Mix flour and water, beat until smooth.
This is the sealing batter. It don’t have to be too thick.
11. Take a sheet of the spring roll wrap, fill in some filling, brush the sealing batter along the edge, then wrap it up.
12. Deep fry spring rolls on medium high heat until golden brown. Serve when hot.