Moon cake is the traditional food for Mid-Autumn Festival. Crystal Moon Cake is a new kind moon cake came to market several years ago. I think young ones like this type of moon cake better.
Else: moon cake mold, cooked sticky rice flour.
1. Mix milk, cooking oil and sugar, stir until mix well.
Try not use heavy-taste/smell oil, such as olive oil, I used vegetable oil.
4. Use fork/chopsticks stir the dough really good, then set aside to let it cool.
5. Punch dough with hands until it’s smooth when it’s not hot.
The dough is sticky, I normally wrap it with shrink wrap then punch it.
1. Mix egg and sugar, beat well.
2. Add custard powder into egg mixture, stir until smooth.
3. Add milk into egg mixture, mix well.
4. Sift flour, then add into egg mixture, stir until smooth.
5. Chop butter into small chunk pieces, add into mixture.
6. Steam mixture for about 1o minutes, stir several times during steaming.
You can use a 2-layer boiling pan.
7. Set filling aside until it’s cool.
1. Separate dough and filling into even amount pieces, I normally do 20 gram each, by the mold I use.
2. Roll each piece into a ball.
3. Flat the dough ball, use your finger to push/squeeze it so you can cover the filling ball with it. Then roll it into a bigger ball.
4. Make sure the moon cake ball is lightly coated with cooked sticky rice flour, then put it into mold, press lightly, turn mold over to release moon cake.
You can cook the sticky rice flour yourself, it’s simple: heat up skillet on medium heat, no oil added, constantly stir sticky rice flour until it turns lightly lightly brown. Then set aside to let it cool.
5. Put moon cake in refrigerator for several hours or overnight, then it’s ready to serve.