When I cook napa, I normally separate napa leaves and the white since they require different cooking time.
Napa leaves are easy to chop, most of the time, I don’t chop, I just tear them into pieces with fingers.
To chop the white part, I normally lean the knife with an angle to chop, this way, when you chop it, it can thin the white part at same time.
When cooking, always cook the white part first, then cook the leaves, so they can be done at same time.
I love napa cabbage, much better than regular cabbage.
It’s cabbage, but doesn’t taste like cabbage, and it doesn’t smell like cabbage.
For more info., please check with wiki:
When I chop napa, I normally separate the leaf and the white part, since the white part is tougher and takes longer to cook.
The leaf can be torn into pieces by hand after you separate it from the white part. White part can be cut at an angle so the pieces won’t be too thick.
For dishes using napa cabbage, please check the following links:
Kimchi with Napa and Daikon
When you plant garlic, you get garlic leaves.
Garlic leaves can be used as herb in cooking. They bring some of the garlic taste, but a lot weaker compare to garlic.
Garlic can be planted in soil or water. It grows better and stronger when planted in soil. I normally plant them in winter, in water when planted inside, in soil outside.
To use garlic leaves, just cut them for any length you need, and they will keep growing. Normally you can cut at least twice. Of course, once you start cutting leaves out of the garlic plants, you won’t be able to harvest garlic later.
Below are garlic leaves from my vegetable garden after raining:
Luffa is one of my favorite kind vegetable. It’s easy and quick to cook it.
luffa, garlic, seasoning to taste
1. Peel and chop luffa into chunk shape.
2. Mince garlic.
If you don’t want to mince garlic, you can mash it first then chop it really fine.
3. Heat up skillet, add cooking oil, add garlic into skillet, cook on medium heat until you can smell cooked garlic.
4. Add luffa into skillet, cook until luffa get tender, add seasoning, stir and mix well.
5. Serve when hot.
1 磅茄子，半杯培根碎，半个大洋葱切丁，半杯面包渣，2 个鸡蛋，调味料适量。
3、烤箱预热 400 华氏度。
5、把拌好的混合物倒入烤盘，烤至表面金黄（大概 30 分钟左右）。
我用的小烤盘，烤了 25 分钟。
If you like eggplant, you’d like this casserole.
1 pound eggplants, 1/2 cup bacon crumb, 1/2 large onion (diced), 1/2 cup bread crumb, 2 large eggs, salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut eggplant into cubes, then boil in a pot with salted water, simmer until eggplant get tender, drain well and set aside.
2. Heat up skillet, add cooking oil, saute onion until tender, then add bacon crumb, stir fry for several minutes, set aside to let it cool.
3. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
4. Mix eggplant and onion, bacon together, then mix egg into mixture, then add seasoning to taste, mix bread crumb into mixture.
5. Scoop the mixture into baking dish, bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
I used individual baking dish, baked about 25 minutes.
I love asparagus, especially stir fried asparagus.
asparagus, shrimp, onion, seasoning.
1. Clean shrimp, make sure the black vein is removed.
2. Chop onion into chunk, and chop asparagus into short strip.
3. Heat up skillet, add cooking oil, cook onion until tender on medium high heat.
4. Add shrimp and onion into skillet, stir until shrimp change color.
5. Add seasoning to your taste.
I don’t like heavy seasoning, so I just used salt and a pinch sugar.
6. Transfer to plate, serve when hot.