This is the one of the tradition food for Chinese New Year. Of course you can make it any time you want to.
I learned this from a friend who came from Fujian Providence, so I call it ‘Fujian Rice Cake’ sometimes.
2. Add sugar to your taste.
3. Add water, slowly, stir as you add water. Just add enough to wet the flour.
It’s not going to be a dough, it’s going to be smooth batter.
I used a glass lunch box.
5. Steam for about 30 minutes. Let it sit until it’s cool, then freeze to colder.
6. Slice rice cake into 1/4 inch slice.
To fry rice cake, you’ll need more oil. Of course, you can always add more if you need to.
8. Lay rice cake slices into skillet, set them apart.
9. Flip when bottom turn golden brown.
10. They are ready to serve when both sides turn golden brown.
11. Serve hot.