I cooked this type of pancake before, but never tried cooking it with a frame. I thought it looks pretty neat when I first saw it online. It actually tastes pretty good.
1 medium size zucchini, 3 eggs, some all-purpose flour, some dried shrimp*, 2 slices of purple onion, seasoning.
2. Mix dried shrimp and seasoning with zucchini.
Dried shrimp is pretty salty, so be careful on how much salt you put in.
3. Let the zucchini mix sitting for several minutes.
5. Add flour into zucchini mix, then mix well.
Make sure the batter is not too thick. Add water if needed.
7. Heat up skillet, add cooking oil, adjust heat to medium high, put onion ring in skillet.
8. Scoop batter into onion ring, flip when the bottom side turn lightly brown.
10. Serve when hot.
You can serve with some dipping sauce. I normally would serve with some vinegar, or mix vinegar, soybean sauce and sesame oil.
* For “dried shrimp”, please see link below: