1lb yellow squash, 1/2 onion, 1 cup cracker crumb, 1/2 cup grated cheese, 1 egg, 1/3 cup milk, 4 tsb butter, salt and pepper to taste.
1. Slice yellow squash, chop onion, then steam for 5 minutes.
3. Mix cheese and cracker crumb, fold in half of the mixture with vegetable.
4. Whisk egg and milk, add to vegetable mixture.
5. Melt butter, add half to the vegetable mixture.
6. Preheat oven to 400°F.
8. Pour vegetable mixture into a baking dish.
The one I used is 6×9.
9. Sprinkle remaining cracker crumb on top, bake for about 25 minutes or until the top turn golden brown.