American cabbage is different from Chinese ones. Cabbage leaves in Chinese version are much thinner and are easier to stir fry. I had a hard time to cook cabbage when I first moved here. This is the first cabbage dish in American version I learned here.
cabbage, onion, bacon, chicken broth/water, salt and pepper to taste
I cooked half of the cabbage, so I used half of the onion in the picture.
2. Chop cabbage to cubes, set aside.
3. Heat up skillet, add cooking oil, set to medium high heat, cook onion for several minutes until tender.
5. Cook cabbage until it start shrinking, add chicken broth/water until halfway cover cabbage. Bring broth to boil on high heat, then simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
I don’t like to have too much juice in dish, so I don’t really pour too much broth. If you like to have more juice, you can add water/broth until cabbage are fully covered.
6. Add bacon, stir, simmer for another 10 minutes.
7. Stir well, simmer for another 10 minutes.
8. Serve hot.