This is my first time cooking with sauerkraut. There is something similar to it in China, it’s made of Napa Cabbage, not regular cabbage.
sauerkraut, ribs, cellophane noodle, seasoning to taste, ginger root (optional).
1. Soak cellophane noodle in cold water, set aside.
2. Pour cold water into skillet, add ribs, add cooking wine, little vinegar, maybe several slices of ginger root or ginger powder. Bring to boil on high heat, then simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Drain ribs, rinse with warm water, set aside.
4. Form sauerkraut into several balls, squeeze some juice out of it, so it won’t taste too sour.
5. Pour enough water into skillet, bring to boil, add cooking wine and little sugar.
6. Put ribs and cellophane into skillet, then cover with sauerkraut, bring to boil, simmer for about 10 minutes.
7. Add salt into skillet, and any other seasoning you like, such as pepper, soybean sauce, etc.
8. Simmer for another 10 minutes or until cellophane noodle turn clear.
9. Serve when hot.