Egg drop soup is one of my favorite soups. It’s quick and easy, and I can add any kind of vegetables into it to give it more flavor and color.
2 medium size tomatoes, 2 eggs, 1 small block tofu, corn starch, seasoning to taste.
1. Chop tofu into small tubes.
2. Put tofu tubes into boiling water, bring water to boil again, drain tofu well, set aside.
3. Drop tomatoes into hot water for about 1 minute, take out, then peel and chop into tubes.
4. Pour water in sauce pan, bring to boil, add seasoning to your taste.
I normally use salt, sugar and white pepper. I use much more sugar then normal, so the soup would taste sour and sweet.
5. Pour tomato tubes and tofu tubes into pan, bring to boil.
6. Mix about 1 tbsp corn starch and 2 tbsp water, stir quickly while pouring batter into pan.
7. Beat eggs well, stir quickly while slowly pouring into pan.
Always pour starch batter before eggs, so egg drops will float.
8. Add several drops of sesame oil into pan, remove from heat.
9. Transfer into bowl, serve when warm.