This is one of my favorite fillings for stuffed buns. I think most Chinese love the Chinese chive.
Chinese chive, eggs, dried shrimp, cellophane noodles, seasoning
1. Soak cellophane noodles in water until they get tender. Then soak in hot water until they get clear. Drain good.
2. Stir Fry eggs, when eggs start getting firm, stir quickly so they turn into chunks instead of a whole piece. Transfer to cutting board, wait until it’s cool, then chop into small pieces.
3. Clean and chop the Chinese chive into really short string. Transfer to container, then coat with cooking oil.
4. Chop dried shrimp and cellophane noodles into small pieces, mix everything together, add seasoning to your taste.
For seasoning, I normally just use salt and little bit sugar, nothing else since Chinese chive has a strong flavor itself.
Notes: Cellophane noodles can be replaced with shrimp or vegetables or anything you like.
Eggs can be replaced with ground meat.
Yeast Dough can be used very often, such as pizza, bread, roll, etc.
flour, 1-2 tsp yeast, 1-2 tsp sugar
1. Mix yeast and sugar, soak in warm water. Then set aside until it’s covered by bubbles.
You can stir some to speed up the dissolving process.
2. Slowly pour yeast mixture into flour, stir quickly meantime, so flour stick together, turn into little pieces. Stop until you don’t really see much loose flour.
Add more warm water if you need to.
Depend on your needs, dough can be firm, can be tender. Tender dough is more for pizza, bread, dinner roll, etc. Firm dough can use for some Chinese steaming buns. Of course, less loose flour left means tender dough.
3. Form the flour pieces into a smooth ball, this is your yeast dough.
This is actually easy and simple.
1. Take a knife, cut through the thinner end, make sure everything is cut.
2. Now you need cut the other end. This end is harder, you have more area to cut.
3. Make sure anything connected to bone is unconnected.
4. Pull bone out. Now you have it done!
* I found some old pictures earlier, with more step-by-step pictures, might help you better understand.