This is a flexible dish. It can be salty, can be sweet, just up to you.
1 cup milk, 4 egg white, 1 tbsp corn starch, sugar/salt to taste.
1. Beat egg white well.
2. Mix corn starch and milk, then mix with egg white.
3. Heat up skillet, add cooking oil.
4. Adjust heat to medium, pour milk mixture into skillet, use spatula to push slowly from bottom of skillet until milk starting get firm.
5. Add sugar or salt to your taste.
I like it sweet, so I used sugar.
皮：2 小勺/1 小袋酵母，2 小勺白糖，面粉适量
I love stuffed buns since the filling bring much more flavor to the buns. This is one of my favorites among all the buns.
Filling: Chines chive, eggs, dried shrimp, cell0phane noodle, seasoning
Wrap: flour, 2 tsp dry yeast, 2 tsp sugar
1. Mix yeast and sugar, soak in warm water. Then set aside until it’s covered by bubbles.
You can stir some to speed up the dissolving process.
2. Soak cellophane noodles in water until they get tender. Then soak in hot water until they get clear. Drain good.
3. Slowly pour yeast mixture into flour, stir quickly meantime, so flour stick together, turn into little pieces. Stop until you only see little loose flour.
Add more warm water if you need to. The dough needs to be really tender.
4. Form the flour pieces into a smooth ball, this is your yeast dough, set aside.
5. Stir Fry eggs, when eggs start getting firm, stir quickly so they turn into chunks instead of
a whole piece. Transfer to cutting board, wait until it’s cool, then chop into small pieces.
6. Clean and chop the Chinese chive into really short string. Transfer to container, then coat with cooking oil.
7. Chop dried shrimp and cellophane noodles into small pieces, mix everything together, add seasoning to your taste.
For seasoning, I normally just use salt and little bit sugar, nothing else since Chinese chive has a strong flavor itself.
8. Separate dough into little even pieces, then roll into little round wrap, fill in fillings, seal good, then flip upside down.
9. Heat up the frying pan, add cooking oil, adjust heat to medium low.
10. Fry the buns to golden brown, then flip, keep frying until both side turn golden brown.
11. Serve when hot.
I like to mix vinegar, soybean sauce and sesame oil together as dipping sauce, serve with stuffed buns.
I started liking casseroles now. But I think I like the leftover better because the flavor really get soaked in several hours’ sitting.
2 medium size zucchini, half a onion, 5 eggs, 1 small tomato, 1 cup shredded cheese (divided into 2 portion), 1 cup bread crumb, 1 clove garlic, 3 tbsp cooking oil, seasoning to taste.
1. Chop zucchini, onion and tomato into cube-shape.
2. Mince garlic.
3. Mix all the ingredients but 1/2 cup cheese together.
4. Pre-heat oven to 375ºF.
5. Spray the baking dish with non-stick spray, then scoop the zucchini mixture in, bake for 30-40 minutes.
I used individual serving size baking dishes, baked 25 minutes.
6. Take baking dish out, sprinkle with leftover cheese, bake until cheese is done.
1、1 小勺酵母和 1 小勺白糖拌匀，用温水化开，静置到表面充满气泡。
I love any kind of flat bread with filling, green onion, meat, sausage, you can pretty much put anything as fillings.
flat bread: flour, dry yeast, sugar
filling: flour, green onion, cooking oil, seasoning
1. Mix 1 tsp dry yeast and 1 tsp sugar, soak in warm water, stir to let yeast melt quicker, then set aside until mixture is covered by bubbles.
2. Chop green onion into little pieces, mix with salt, pepper and any seasoning you want to use to flavor flat bread.
3. Pour proper amount of flour into a bowl, and slowly pour the yeast mixture into it, and stir with a fork or chopsticks quickly, so flour with turn in little pieces.
4. Pour in more warm water if needed until you don’t see much loose flour in bowl.
5. Form the flour into a smooth ball, set aside.
6. Sprinkle some flour over green onion, then pour in some cooking oil, mix well, add more flour and oil if needed if you the batter is thick and enough to use.
7. Roll the flour ball into a big flat sheet, spread green onion mixture as a thin layer on it, then roll the sheet into a long string.
8. Divide the string into several even pieces, reform each piece into a round shape, put both ends at the bottom, then roll it into a thin sheet.
9. Heat up frying pan, add a little bit cooking oil, set heat to medium low, cook flat bread until it’s golden brown on bottom side. You can cover the pan with lid while cooking.
10. Spray or brush some cooking oil on top side, then flip the flat bread.
11. Transfer to plate when both sides are golden brown.
This is the very first time to me to cook eggplant from my own vegetable garden, and this is why I decided to cook something really special.
Dipping Batter: flour, corn starch, egg, seasoning
Eggplant Sandwich: eggplant, shrimp, green onion
1. Mix flour and corn starch as 1:1, then add seasoning, egg and water to make a dipping batter.
2. Chop green onion into little pieces, sprinkle with salt, set aside.
3. Chop shrimp into little pieces, mix with green onion.
4. Slice eggplant.
5. Spread some shrimp mixture on 1 slice of eggplant, then cover with another slice of eggplant to form an eggplant sandwich. Repeat until all the eggplant slices are gone.
6. Heat up deep fryer.
7. Dip eggplant sandwiches into dipping batter, then deep fry until it’s golden brown.
8. Drain on paper towel, serve when hot.