This is my favorite bread pudding recipe. Blueberry not just added color to it, but also added a good flavor on top of everything. I tried to replace blueberry with other fruits, but I think blueberry tastes the best.
8oz bread, 1 cup blueberry, 4oz cream cheese, 2 cups milk, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/8 cup butter.
Addtional butter for baking pan coating.
2. Coat baking pan with butter.
I prefer ceramic baking pan. If you use metal pan, you might want to reduce the temprature and baking time.
3. Trim edges off the bread, chen chop into pieces similar to blueberry size. Then lay half of bread on baking pan.
4. Chop cream cheese into blueberry size pieces, sprinkle on top of bread layer with blueberry, then lay the rest of bread on top.
5. Beat eggs, milk, melted butter and sugar well together, pour over bread, lightly press with hands to make sure all the bread pieces are soaked. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes or several hours in refrigerator.
This bread pudding is not too sweet. If you like it sweeter, you can add more sugar, or mix 1/8 cup of cyrup into the egg mixture.
6. Cover the pan with foil, bake 30 minutes. Then remove the foil cover, bake another 30 minutes or until the surface turns golen brown.
If you really like blueberry, you can serve it with blueberry and blueberry jelly, so it would taste more blueberry.