This dish came from my hometown which located at northeast China. It was originally cooked with bell pepper. But I don’t like bell pepper, so I swapped it with some onion.
eggplant, potato, onion, egg, flour, garlic, corn startch, seasoning
2. Heat up deep fryer with enough oil to fry potato and eggplant.
3. Rinse potato with tab water, then drain well.
4. Deep fry potato until lightly brown, set aside.
5. Crack eggs, beat well, then coat eggplant with it. Sprinkle eggplant with flour, make sure all the eggplant are coated with flour.
6. Deep fry eggplant until lightly brown, set aside.
7. Heat up skillet (wok), add some cooking oil. Cook onion for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
8. Add potato and eggplant into skillet, keep stirring until well mixed.
For seasoning, I used salt, sugar, soybean sauce, vinegar, sesame oil.
I love to use garlic and sesame oil when cooking eggplant.
10. Keep stirring until the seasoning mixture get thick, and all the pieces are coated.
11. Serve warm.