It was over 10 years ago when I tried this cake for the first time. I fell in love with it right away. Luckly, that was not a sotre-bought cake. So I got the recipe from the person who backed it. Years after years, I baked it a lot times, and it is still my favorite pound cake, and my family and friends are in love with it, too.
It is a eady making cake. I haven’t had any problem when baking this cake.
12oz butter, 8oz cream cheese, 3 cups sugar, 3 cups cake flour, 7 eggs, 1.5 tsp vanilla.
In the original recipe, there is only 4oz butter and 8oz margarine. I replaced all margarine with butter.
1. Let butter, eggs and cream cheese sit in room temperature until butter and cream cheese get softened.
2. Put butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla into mixing bowl, mix well with low speed.
3. Add eggs and cake flour into mixing bowl, mix well with low speed.
eggs and cake flour need to seperated into 3 portions, add one portion each time, mix well, then add another portion.
Each portion of cake flour is 1 cup. Eggs should be 2, 3, then 2, 7 total. Add cake flour first, mix well, then eggs, then cake flour, then eggs, etc.
4. When finish mix the last portion of eggs, beat with high speed for a couple of minutes.
5. Oil a bundt pan with butter, pour cake mixture into oiled pan.
6. Set oven to 300°F, no need to preheat. Bake for about 1 hour or until cake is done.