I love egg drop soup, just about any kind. It’s quick and easy, and tastes good.
mushroom, eggs, nori, seasoning to taste, corn starch
1. Clean and slice mushroom.
2. Pour some water in sauce pan, and bring to boil on high heat.
3. Put mushroom into pan, add seasoning after, wait until boiling again.
4. Mix 1-2 tbsp corn starch with double amount water, pour into pan slowly, stir quickly.
5. Tear/cut nori into little pieces, put in pan.
6. Beat eggs well, slowly pour into pan, and stir quickly.
7. Drop several drops of sesame oil into pan, mix well, turn off heat.
I’ve been calling this “seaweed” for years. I always feel that nori is the name for sushi wrap. But since wiki call it nori, I’ll go by wiki’s name.
This type of nori is not made for sushi, I only use it in soup. At the end of cooking, before or right after you cut heat off, tear/cut nori into small pieces, throw into soup, they’ll get soaked and spread within a minute.
Below is the wiki link:
For dishes using nori, please click on following link:
Egg Drop Soup with Mushroom and Nori